Sue With Deer

Sue With Deer
"As the deer pants for the water, so my soul pants after You."

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Living by Christ Himself

“…and the life I NOW live in the body, I live by faith/trust/reliance on the Son of God (in me), WHO loved/loves me and gave HIMSELF for me!”  Galatians 2:20

Oh my, what a powerful, incredible reality.  It is the job of the Holy Spirit to cause this reality to sink down in our spiritual ears, to bring about not only its reality in and through us, but His fullness.

This morning I was refreshing/rehearsing once again the true Gospel of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior and ALL that was revealed regarding this.  Romans, Galatians, Colossians, Ephesians are all letters that never are tiresome to my heart and mind – I need them so much.

Romans really does spell out completely the whole picture of Adam’s fall bringing about our corrupt flesh (everyone is born into it), and then the Son of Man who came as the last Adam to redeem mankind.

Religion was created in order to so to speak, “get back to God,” because intuitively man knows, after being born into this world a sense of being “disconnected.”  That’s because he is dead spiritually.

But all flesh can ever be is prideful and so to be in flesh is to simply bear the works of the flesh.  It is amazing that God is always at work to penetrate deaf spiritual ears to “hear” the Gospel, “hear” the Truth that sets free, and to “hear” the voice of the Son of God.

It’s the Holy Spirit’s ministry on earth, in us, and through us to teach us just what all the Lord Jesus Christ accomplished in HIS cross – the cross that is for you and me. But it’s something that needs to be living and vital in me, not mere ideas that I agree with.

One of the things I found myself simply being refreshed in is that He wants me and has always wanted me to IDENTIFY myself with His death/crucifixion, burial, raising up, ascension and seating.
Romans is pretty clear of WHO/WHAT was being crucified on His cross – the OLD creation, the OLD Man, FALLEN FLESH.  

And Romans is also clear of WHO/WHAT was being raised out of the grave – a NEW MAN (in HIM), redemption, Resurrection Life, GLORY, justification, peace with God, hope of eternal life, etc.

It’s for sure ALL found IN Him/Christ Jesus.  God (thank you) did not create another religion for us – He created the New Man and we are in Him.  But also thank you, God that He is now the LIFE inside these mortal jars of clay – in our spirits where He dwells.  He is the ALL authority in heaven and earth – He is the power over ALL flesh – over sin and death, problems, corruptions, confusions, thoughts from the evil one.

So it leads me back to the simplicity that I am to abide in Him, look to Him every single day of my life in total dependence.  I need Him to explain things to me when it looks haywire – I need Him to be my Life, my fruitfulness, my provision, my hope of my future, my all.

This is what Paul writes in Colossians – “You died and your life IS hidden in Christ with God.”  So in identifying with the Lord Jesus Christ, I am now identifying with His resurrection life in me and all that He brings.  This is faith – trusting in Him to do what all He has promised to do.  

It’s also faith to believe that I died from being separated from him and now a daughter – there’s no striving to be one – He made us one through Jesus Himself.  And also we’ve been brought into the same relationship with God that Jesus has ALWAYS had with HIM – a son. 

Jesus is seated at the Right Hand of His Father and the Scriptures tell us we are seated with Him in honor (as the pure gift of His), and rooted in Him and His righteousness.  

All these things and more are what HE calls us to in faith, to believe and identify ourselves with Him.  If I do not do this His way, I will always be struggling with flesh – flesh wants to get its way.  Flesh always has ideas of the flesh, but it’s not faith in the Son of God!  Ever.

I am reminded of the game show where the host said, “And now Johnny, tell her what she’s won…!”  But it’s the Holy Spirit announcing, “She/he has eternal life, forgiveness of sins, right standing with God, adoption as a son and daughter, riches of grace upon grace, mercy, peace, the Holy Spirit living in her/him, God is now their Father! And there’s more!”  Then we’re going, “More?!? – oh it’s too much!”

Yes, this is what the Glorious Gospel is – too much.  It’s living in this reality that will transform our lives.  If I will follow the Spirit’s leading to what God’s Word really teaches of God’s Son and what He has done, I will indeed be filled with joy and bear His fruit.

Today, may the Lord refresh us all by the Holy Spirit’s revelation/illumination of what Christ has accomplished and WHO really dwells in us.

In Him,

Sue Gaither

No comments:

Post a Comment