Sue With Deer

Sue With Deer
"As the deer pants for the water, so my soul pants after You."

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Being Finite

The past couple of months have truly been different.  It has been like when you decide it is time to go through your closets and really see what is there - getting rid of the excess, the unnecessary, and making things "finite."

I like that word:  finite.  For it gives me a picture of Light, crystal clear, exactness, determinate - fixed.

One thing I have sincerely discovered about the Lord is that He is clear - concise.  Not fuzzy at all.  His patience is amazing, because He knows that we act fuzzy at times, unclear when we do not allow Him to "finite" us in all things, all matters, all relationships, all things.

So the devil's strategy and plan is for humans to "cope" with each day and either walk the day with an outward image that things are fine, filling up the day with emotional fumes to get one through, and the like.

Oh but God.  To know Him and His ways is the path indeed to true freedom and knowing the real.  It is what all of us should long for ALL the time in every way.

So I am amazed at this lifelong relationship with the Lord and His incredible endurance, patience, long-suffering and love as we "wake up" and realize how much we need to re-define, define, and get crystal clear on spiritual realities.

Today's devotion is a testimony as well as an exhortation from the Scriptures to what has been written:  "...not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and SO MUCH MORE as you see the Day approaching..."  Hebrews 10:25

In reviewing the things I've learned, spiritually have understood so far, and examining what is really "fruit" in me and my life, I had a conversation with the Lord this morning about His enduring love.  I truly am more appreciative than ever that God's Holy Spirit came to live inside our human spirits to be our all in all. He of course is none other than God the Father and His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now we all know that ALL of God is not in one human being alone, but all of us can be filled with all of the glorious reality of His Holy Spirit in us - in spirit, in soul, and in body - conforming us to the image of the Resurrected Son.

 That means to me we can "see" ourselves truly being shaped into a true human being full of God's peace, love, glory, hope, wisdom - a genuine "recovery" from being MARRED and SCARRED from the fall Adam brought to mankind.

It's not about being God of course.  But it is about knowing God and what a true human being is supposed to look like, act like and be like in complete fellowship and love relationship with the living God.

For me, this is astounding because it's exactly WHAT my heart really did long for since my youth.  I did not really know why I was confused growing up per se.  I only knew that I didn't like it when I was being religious, and almost died from "hardening of the 'oughteries!'"

Yet God never left my heart.  This is an amazing fact of His Gospel. He has told us clearly:  "I will never leave you, nor forsake you.  The good work I've started, I will finish (keep working on) until the day of Christ - my Son's return!"

That's good news!  So in light of all I've just said, here are some questions to ponder today to help us think more clearly about what we need for the Lord to do in our lives - where we are right now in our walk with Him - how He can "finite" us:

1)            Do I truly know deeply in my heart WHO I am in Christ Jesus and WHO He is in me?
2)            Do I truly understand what His will is for me, in how He wants to live through me with the gifting He has placed in me?
3)            Do I enjoy my fellowship with the Lord on a daily basis - and is this fellowship growing more intimate, sweet and deeper, than ever before in my entire life?
4)            Is it easier for me to understand HOW the Holy Spirit leads me day to day in my thoughts, mind, heart - or am I constantly confused, clouded?
5)            Does God's Word touch my heart by the way the Spirit of God enlightens me as I read, or is it always like reading some article off the internet?

Those are just a few questions to think about.  Yet the good news is that our Lord will change and "redo" whatever needs changing and redoing in our lives - all we need to do is ask.

 We just have to ask Him to make our relationship with Him sweeter than the day before!  And He will!

Sue Gaither


P.S.  Know the song, "Every day with Jesus, is sweeter than the day before?"

No comments:

Post a Comment